Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Diabetic Murderer!

But first, this is what happens when you make cupcakes for your mom's co-workers:
(Since these messages were written by Catholics, does that mean Dan Brown will discover this and write yet another book to be made into a stupid movie?)
Those ladies really know how to overfeed my ego!
Speaking of overfeeding, the cupcakes that I made ended up being "Double Cookie" cupcakes, which could possibly end a diabetic's life early. Oops. But at least they're a tasty way to go!
Originally, I was going to make Oreo cupcakes with an Oreo frosting (not at all healthier, but still...). I soon discovered that papa somehow managed to eat nearly every single Oreo in the house, leaving me with only six. He ate fourteen cookies in a day. Seriously, how does he do that? In a moment of genius, however, I noticed that we still had part of a bar of baking chocolate and said (not really), "Aha!" I decided to make the cupcake part taste like a chocolate chip cookie and use the rest of the Oreos in a frosting before papa could get to them as well. I think that the chopped up semi-sweet chocolate made them seem really homey, too. But I will warn you, using half self-raising flour and half cake flour might not be the smartest combination, seeing as the cupcakes didn't rise as much as I would've liked. But hey, I believe these two would disagree:

I heard that my cupcakes didn't actually kill anyone, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment